Banana Oat Muffins
Recipe Type: Breakfast
Serves: 12 muffins
Filled with red pepper chia seed jam; try the jam on top, too!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup evaporated cane syrup (or sugar)
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons vegan soy margarine (or butter)
- ¾ cup soy milk (or milk of your choice)
- ½ cup mashed, overripe banana (roughly 1 banana)
- ½ cup oats, dry
- Mix flour with salt and baking powder.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add egg to butter and sugar mixture, beat well.
- Add flour mixture alternately with milk, and mix until it forms a smooth batter. Stir in the mashed banana and oats.
- Fill muffin liners with batter until the halfway point. Spoon 1 tablespoon of red pepper chia seed jam on top of the batter and then spoon a dollop of batter on top. Sprinkle oats on top, if desired.
- Bake muffins for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees, or until they are lightly golden on top; the tops spring back to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.