Serve with tortilla chips. Or use as a pasta sauce and serve over rotini, cavatappi, or another twisty pasta that will catch and hold the creamy vegetables.
- 2 (14-ounce) cans water-packed artichoke hearts, coarsely chopped (drain one can; reserve the liquid from the other can to add to the dip)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon seeded, chopped jalapeño chile
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Tortilla chips
- Fresh topper: sliced green onions, optional
- Grease the interior of the slow cooker crock with butter or nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the artichoke hearts and next 10 ingredients (through garlic powder) in the prepared crock.
- Cover. Cook on Low 1 hour, or until the cheeses are melted and the dip is heated through.
- Top with green onions, if desired. Serve from the cooker with tortilla chips.
- To make 4-Cheese Artichoke Pasta Sauce: Combine the first 11 ingredients as stated above, but use a 5-quart slow cooker. Thaw 2 (10-ounce) packages of frozen chopped spinach. Squeeze the spinach dry. Stir it into the mixture in Step 2. Follow the directions in Step 3, cooking another 30 minutes if needed to heat the sauce through.
Excerpted from Stock the Crock by Phyllis Good. Copyright © 2017 Oxmoor House. Reprinted with permission from Time Inc. Books, a division of Time Inc. New York, NY. All rights reserved.